Friday, December 18, 2009

My Little Evangelist


We have always joked that Josiah is our little evangelist. He often challenges us in our thinking about God as well as extended family members. From the time he was 18 months old he would talk to strangers about the things he understood about God and invite them to church.

Today I accepted help from the courtesy clerk to carry out our bags from the store because I was so tired. On our way, Josiah asks the young man if he knows about Bibleman and if he goes to church and if he knows God. The questions poured out faster than the young man could speak. Turns out that this young man is a Christian living in Oak View but going to church in Oxnard. He has been afraid to try any churches in the area because of all the mysticism within our small community. I suggested three churches to him that were biblically sound and he was exceedingly thankful. That was no mere coincidence.

When we got into the car, I turned around to Josiah and told him how I love how he tells everyone we meet about God. He smiled and responded, don't thank me, thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment