Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jehovah-Jireh!


Over the past month I have shared several praise reports. From my daughter's health to the provision of a new-to-us car, I have seen God answer our prayer requests in an abundant way. Last Friday, I simply asked for prayer for my husband to find favor with his boss. He works for a company that he loves and is very content in his position. The only dilemma has been that it is not a livable income. Not that we were dire (because somehow in God's goodness it was always just enough) but as a wife I desire for my husband to be compensated for his hard work. I am sure you can understand. So my prayer partner and I have been praying that God would provide what he is due according to his work. This morning my husband was called into the head honcho's office. He was scared to death! He walked in and there was his immediate supervisor and the CFO. He sat down with sweaty palms and a sick feeling in his stomach thinking the economy had finally hit them hard enough and he would need to be laid off. The boss than explained to him that he recognized that his job had evolved into much more than what he was hired to do. His supervisor had put together a full report detailing his duties and the many areas in which he has stepped up and taken the load off of other departments without complaining and then even going beyond that.

Although no cost of living raises will be given this year and no Christmas bonuses, my husband will be receiving a significant raise. Not only is he getting a raise but it will be proactive to December 1st on his next paycheck. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Oh, how our God provides! He is Jehovah-Jireh! Just when we were really feeling the pinch of this economy and wondering if we could wait it out any longer, God showed up big time. Rejoice with us!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! We have seen the Lord provide for us in so many large and small ways this year as well. It helps to remember those times when things get tight again. I am so happy to rejoice with you in this time of provision!

    ReplyDelete