Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 3


Days without my husband are long, rewarding and exhausting. I have noticed the kids sure get to eat a lot more sweets. (Overcompensating for Daddy's absence perhaps?) In my mind I have begun a series of without you phrases.

For instance:
Without you, the bed is ridiculously cold.
Without you, coffee isn't so great.
Without you, I am the only one laughing at the kids. (You heard me right, at the kids.)
Without you, I am not really motivated to cook gourmet meals.
Without you, there is no evening expectation.
Without you, .......

I am sure I will think of more in the remaining day and night to come. All of this got me to thinking of marriage and how it represents Christ and the Bride.
Without Christ, the Bride is cold.
Without Christ, the Bride loses meaning in menial tasks.
Without Christ, there is no joy within the Bride.
Without Christ, there is no hope or desire to live a life of excellance.
Without Christ, there is no long expected return of the King.
Without Christ,.......

How would you fill in the blank?



Side note: I just realized that "evening expectation" could be taken differently than I intended. I meant the portion of the evening after the kids are in bed and we can enjoy each other's company and talk.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post...!!! I will have to think about how I would fill it in, but off the top of my head
    Without Christ, there is no hope... no waiting for the Knight in Shining Armor, no Redeemer, no Rescuer, no Protector, Provider, Defender. No hope. Just loneliness.

    ReplyDelete