Thursday, October 8, 2009

Flourish

As we seek to be spirit-conscious, we should focus on the Spirit as our source of guidance. This means we foster an environment where the Holy Spirit can flourish, fill and clearly speak to us." - Priscilla Shearer

The question is: Do I foster an environment where the Spirit flourishes?

Our lives are overwhelmed with noise that it is no wonder we question whether God speaks. For our family, as we have removed the TV, iPods, radios, we have noticed an increase in peace and reflection. We are able to meditate on God's Word more and discuss what we are learning and what we are struggling with. It has been a wonderful change. It is even evident in the children as they are asking more questions and thinking deeper thoughts.

I also think having an uncluttered house helps too. Even if it means getting rid of some furniture and adding a bookshelf so everything can have it's place. I desire for my home to be one that welcomes the Spirit of God and allows Him to flourish so that we can grow and glorify Him. I welcome any other suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think you've got it down pat and don't need any suggestions! That is such a great thing to do...getting rid of all that junk that fills our mind and letting God have that space. I was just telling my husband I want him to move my computer out to the garage so it's not right there asking me to be on it. Now I need to reevaluate where our TV should go too!

    ReplyDelete